Monday, March 31, 2008

Identity Crisis

I've titled this blog "The Rockstars". There is no particular rhyme or reason to the name, I just like the sound of "Rockstar" and, occasionally, when fortune smiles upon me/us and I/we find myself/ourselves pulling into a prime parking spot just steps away from our destination I like to shout with glee, "ROCKSTAR PARKING"!.

Now, here comes the identity crisis part.

1. I don't know what to call this blog.
2. I often stumble all over the keyboard when my brain short circuits because I'm not sure whether to speak in the singular or the unitary plural. Just because we're married doesn't mean that David and I are joined at the hip and suddenly mind-melded.

But, whatever. I have bigger fish to fry and more important things to ponder than to sit here and argue with myself about which narrative voice to employ in my blogs.

But...I am curious to know. Is it an annoying habit that couples take on once they become an item? Do you do it?

In any case, to wrap it up.

My name is Grace. His name is David. And the little squirt is Noah. I would have called us the Triumvirs or something like that, but what happens when we add another spawn to the brood. And 2), it sounds so stuffy and pretentious. Like I'm 'trying' to sound smart or something.

Hello World.

We're The Rockstars.

No comments: